Elgato Stream Deck XL
The world of game streaming, YouTube productions, and all kinds of game-oriented home studio setups are a big deal these days. I mean, we do that sort of thing, but so do a lot of our readers. We all want the best tool for the job too, and one of our favorite tools has to be the Stream Deck. We’ve already reviewed the mini version, which only featured six buttons. I liked it so much, I made a Homer Simpson soundboard out of it… I wonder what a crazy idea I’m going to have this time… Oh boy!
The functionality set on this thing is immense. It will control your Key Light illumination, which is what we have done in this review. It’s pretty cool on its own. However, it will control OBS, Streamlabs, Twitch, Philips Hue, launch macros, overlays, sound clips and much more. It is an extremely powerful macro chewing machine. For gamers, it’s cool, but for content creators, it’s phenomenal. Again I only played with a six button setup, today we have a whopping 32 buttons.
- Advanced live production: Easily control your favorite tools and platforms.
- 32 customizable keys: instantly trigger an unlimited number of actions with a single touch.
- Powerful integrations: Elgato Game Capture, OBS, Streamlabs, Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Mixer, Spotify, Philips Hue, Vmix, VoiceMod, etc.
- One-touch operation: edit, create scenes, launch media, switch cameras, change lighting, adjust audio, post tweets – anything.
- Visual feedback: Know that your order has been fulfilled.
- Easy setup: drag and drop actions onto the keys of the Stream Deck app and customize them with custom icons.
- Optimal access and versatility: non-slip magnetic holder and detachable USB-C to USB-A cable.
- Endless Expansion: Download new integrations and grow your own with the Stream Deck SDK.
For detailed specifications, please visit the official Elgato product page here.
What Elgato had to say
“Automated alerts make life easier. But between thanking donors and welcoming new subscribers, there are plenty of opportunities to express yourself. Use Stream Deck to enhance your onscreen antics with GIFs, images, videos, and sound clips. While you’re at it, apply lower thirds and end your content with signature intro and end graphics. Your options are endless, so explore and experience. Do whatever you need to to sharpen your creativity, and do it with a personal touch. – Elgato
What’s in the box?
Everything is very well packed and there is not a lot of excess packaging either. The Streamdeck is well protected and is packed in a soft fabric bag. A quick start guide is also included.
There’s also a USB cable included, and well, that’s about it. Everything is quite easy to install, one cable, one device, one software, finished.