PlayStation 5 makes it easier than ever to upload your first Twitch stream and share gameplay with others online.
Looking to become a Twitch streamer and live stream to an online audience? Look no further than the PlayStation 5, which is fully prepared to help you accomplish this task.
All you need is a console, an internet connection, and something to stream to be on your way to being the next great Twitch streamer. In fact, it’s never been easier to go live on Twitch from a PlayStation device than it is today.
Live streaming is a huge market that only ever grew during the events of 2020. With more and more people staying inside, the industry is booming, which means it’s the perfect time to get involved.
How to stream on Twitch using the PS5
To go live on Twitch through your PlayStation 5, follow these steps to get your broadcast started in no time:
- To create a Tic account on your mobile phone or computer.
- Download the iOS or Android Twitch app to customize your channel, adjust broadcast settings, and more
- Press the new DualSense Create button (to the left of the trackpad) when you’re ready to go live and scroll right to Broadcast
- Here you can choose Twitch and click on Link Account to add your PS5 to your Twitch account. You will either need to scan a QR code or use the code displayed on twitch.tv/activate
- Now pressing the Create button lets you go live by selecting Stream again.
- Don’t forget to give your feed a title, and you can also add a PlayStation 5 HD camera and customize your overlay freely.
Just like that, you’re live on Twitch! To stop your broadcast, just tap Create, Cast, and Stop Broadcast at any time.
Remember, you can access your settings from your dashboard before streaming to adjust your video quality options. This can be done in the Captures and broadcasts section of your menu.
You can stream in a range of qualities, but keep in mind that downloading higher resolution footage may require faster internet speeds.
YouTube streaming is also available for gamers who prefer the platform. Whatever your preference, make sure you have the best internet connection on the PS5 before you start your broadcast.
It’s also important to make sure that your PS5 is actually running at 4K, 120 FPS for your gameplay to stand out.
Right now, there are probably hundreds to thousands of new Twitch streamers debuting from the PS5. But with the PS5 out of stock around the world, it is difficult for many users to get started.
Here’s when the PS5 will be back in stock for those who missed it.