Join Gaming Leaders, Alongside GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming, for Their 2nd Annual GamesBeat & Facebook Gaming Summit | GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2 from January 25-27, 2022. Learn more about the event.
The gaming industry has found another new way to let you play games from your powerful PC on other devices…but this time, all you need is the Google Chrome browser.
Nvidia’s GeForce Experience app, which enables a ton of extras for its GTX graphics cards, is testing a new feature that lets you share your games with friends over the internet. This feature works by streaming a game on your system through the web to any Chrome browser. If your friend wants to try out the latest version but has a PC with older hardware – or even a Mac – you can invite them via email and they can start playing right away.
This Nvidia feature even works with co-op experiences. You and your friend or family member can play simultaneously for two player games. The only limitations are that only one person can stream at a time and sessions are limited to one hour. But you can do as many sessions as you want.
If you have a GTX GPU, here’s how:
The 2nd Annual GamesBeat Summit and Facebook Gaming and GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2
- Download and install GeForce Experience beta here.
- Start the application and click on the arrow of the “Share” button at the top right.
- Enable sharing.
- Launch the game you want to share, press Alt + Z to bring up the in-game Share menu.
- Hover over the “Stream” option.
- Then click on “Send invitation”.
- Enter the email address of the friend you want to invite, then tap send.
From there, the guest will need to access their email to accept the invitation and go through a process to install a particular Chrome plugin. But that’s it – once installed, Chrome should stream the video without issue.
Keep in mind that this type of streaming will require a decent internet connection and you’ll likely experience lag if one or both people don’t have the bandwidth.
GamesBeat’s credo when covering the gaming industry is “where passion meets business”. What does it mean? We want to tell you how much the news means to you, not only as a decision maker in a game studio, but also as a game fan. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about and engage with the industry.
How will you do this? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, discussions and “open office” events with GamesBeat staff
- Chat with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Presentations to like-minded parties
Become a member