After keeping the feature in beta for a long time, Microsoft has finally rolled out Xbox Remote Play for Windows users. It allows PC gamers to enjoy big titles that their machine might not be able to support. However, if you’re streaming games thanks to the recent update, that won’t be a problem.
Apart from remote play, Microsoft has also purchased the xCloud game streaming feature for PC. The biggest difference is that you need an Xbox Game Pass subscription to access xCloud.
On top of that, the two new services have launched in just 22 countries so far. If PC gamers love the features, Microsoft could launch the new services in other countries sooner rather than later.
Anyway, in this article, we will talk about how to stream Xbox games to your Windows 10 PC. Before going ahead, feel free to check everything about updating games from Microsoft here.
Steps to stream Xbox games to your Windows 10 PC
Before you begin the steps, you should know the basic system requirements to run Xbox Remote Play:
- An Xbox Series X/S/One console
- A Windows 10 PC: min. 2 GB of RAM and 1.5 GHz processor
- Functional Xbox controller
- Xbox app installed on your PC
- Microsoft account that has an Xbox profile
- A good internet connection: anything above 7 Mbps
- The Windows 10 PC and your Xbox console must be connected to the same network
Now, if you are ready with the things mentioned above, we can move on to the next step, which is setting up remote play on your Xbox console.
Setting up Xbox Remote Play on your console
1. Open the guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
2. Go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features.
3. Activate the remote features option.
4. Click Instantaneous in power mode.
5. Remote play is set up on your console.
Setting up Xbox Remote Play on your Windows 10 PC
1. Download the Xbox app for PC.
2. Head to the console icon next to search bar on the app.
3. Now select the console you want to connect to.
4. That’s it, now you can stream Xbox games to your Windows 10 PC.
Once you complete the steps mentioned above, your console screen will be mirrored to your PC/Laptop. To sum it up, it’s basically like the remote desktop app but for Xbox game consoles. Now you can start playing your favorite Xbox games without any hassle.
Can I use Xbox Remote Play over the Internet?
Although you can play Xbox games when connected to the same wireless network, you cannot do so over the Internet. Simply put, if you plan to play a few games in your office while your console is at home, that won’t be possible.
To do this, you have to rely on the xCloud service and, as I mentioned before, it requires an Xbox Game Pass subscription.
So there you have it, now you can enjoy your favorite Xbox games on your Windows 10 PC. Also, be sure to check out all the new games added to the Xbox Game Pass library in September 2021.