Peacock announced the launch of live coverage of the Tokyo Summer Olympics on July 15, with live coverage of some of the biggest events of the Summer Games, including gymnastics, track and field and the golf course. the United States men’s basketball team to a fourth consecutive gold medal. .
The streamer will also feature daily live broadcasts, original programming, Olympic channels, full event reruns and curated highlights from NBC’s Olympic Games coverage.
All coverage of the Tokyo Olympics on Peacock will be available to stream for free, with the exception of live coverage of USA Men’s Basketball – this coverage will be available to Peacock Premium subscribers.
There will be live coverage on Peacock each morning, including major events that include men’s and women’s gymnastics, and men’s and women’s athletics. Matt Iseman & Akbar Gbajabiamila will host Peacock’s morning show, Tokyo LIVE.
Two-time Olympic medalist Bridget Sloan and three-time Olympian John Roethlisberger will call the men’s and women’s gymnastics events live in the team finals, all-around and individual finals.
Bill Spalding will host the play-by-play track and field event alongside Olympian analysts Tim Hutchings and Alysia Montano. And Peacock will live stream coverage of Team USA’s men’s basketball starting with the United States versus France on July 25.
Peacock will include new channels, hosts and contributors, curated playlists, highlights and full event reruns throughout the games.
- Amber Ruffin, host of Peacock’s late night series, The Amber Ruffin Show, will be in the field with its own unique analysis of the daily competition.
- Sports journalist Rich Eisen will host Tokyo Gold – a daily show that will include interviews, in-depth stories and action analysis.
- Lindsey Czarniak, Lolo Jones and MJ Acosta-Ruiz to host On his land at the Olympics, dedicated to focus on women’s sports at the Games.
- Cari Champion and Kenny Mayne will host – Tokyo tonight, which will focus on the games with highlights and interviews and reports each evening.
Tokyo LIVE, Tokyo Gold, On his land at the Olympics, and Tokyo tonight will air daily on Peacock’s Tokyo NOW channel. The streamer plans to have five more Olympic-themed channels, including:
- Great moments provides a collection of the most exciting moments from past Olympic Games. It will launch on June 23.
- Meet the Olympians includes profiles and documentaries on the best athletes of yesterday and today.
- Unmissable moments will showcase some of the most important and remarkable moments from previous Games.
- United States team will include highlights from the United States squad as they compete for gold at the Tokyo Games.
- Tokyo Flame will offer a live broadcast of the Olympic Torch at all times, reserved for those who wish to bask in the glow of the Olympic Games.
There is so much more to come during the Games – NBCUniversal’s networks will bring more than 7,000 hours of programming to all of its platforms to extend the Olympic experience to everyone.
Peacock is currently available for download on Apple TV, Fire TV, Google Chromecast, Roku, iPhone / iPad, web browsers, Android phone / tablet, Android TV, Xbox, and most smart TVs.