GAME ON – OLG needs you
We Said GAME ON, and We Really Mean It – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital (PlayOLG.ca), retail lottery and casino channels earthly. In our 2019-20 fiscal year alone, OLG reported net income of over $ 2.3 billion in the province of Ontario. We’re now taking bold new steps to compete and win to become the future of gaming and entertainment across Ontario.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate resource planner to oversee and develop the digital resource framework and manage resources across the digital division ensuring that the solution and release trains can smoothly execute planned activities in a coordinated manner. . This includes ensuring that dependencies between digital labs and between OLG’s dependencies, constraints and risks are recognized and resolved through inter-organizational collaboration and escalation, as needed, to delivery. of value to OLG and to the customer.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Senior Director & Agile Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Develop the digital resource framework and manage resources
- Maintain an accurate and current view of digital labs, at lab, product and solution (interdivision) level, including: A real-time view of resources (people, technology, and finances), both dedicated to labs and the lab’s shared resource requirements (sequencing and planning) with enough detail to identify dependencies and resolve collisions between labs within Digital and on inter-OLG delivery collaborations
- Contribute content to support discussion of prioritization discussions during the quarterly business review of the portfolio by digital leadership and other audiences (e.g. OLG senior executives, as needed)
- Provide resource management perspective during product and solution increment / version (product) and solution train planning ceremonies
- Respond quickly when changes in the requirements of the delivery context arise, proactively identifying scheduling conflicts, identifying mitigations / approaches for labs to maintain the speed and delivery of their value streams
- Orchestrate the efficient use of resources shared between laboratories, with the aim of identifying the optimal deployment of resources towards the activities that will generate the highest business value
- Support department and division laboratory planning and reporting, development of what-if scenarios, planning for realization of benefits and other needs (e.g., division leadership) as required
- Develop reports, presentations, and information on resource capacity and utilization in sufficient detail for Product Owners and digital leadership to make data-driven decisions with precision and confidence about resource deployment or funding requests to generate value
- Support labs and digital leadership by providing the information needed to inform day-to-day tactical decisions
- Develop, maintain and collaborate with digital planning and performance (P&P) and laboratories to ensure adoption of management and monitoring in all laboratories
- Support digital and enterprise planning activities, consolidating and providing insight, analysis and insight into the integrated view of resources and value realized across the digital portfolio as needed, providing insight at the appropriate level for discussion and decision-making
- Perform contract administration as a flexible resource
Establish critical relationships and communication
- Works closely with personnel managers, product owners and Scrum Masters to maintain an accurate view of lab resource requirements and capacity for current and planned lab activities
- Escalate obstacles and collaborate with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Release Train Director, Digital Leadership and other stakeholders (as needed) to resolve risks and issues
- Collaborate with Enterprise PMO (ePMO) and other OLG planning functions to share information about resource dependencies, constraints, and risks that can be predicted, analyzed for potential implications, and optimally resolved .
- Develop, implement, research adoption and maintain the methodology, processes and tools of the Resource Capacity Monitoring and Forecasting Framework, in collaboration with Scrum Masters, Digital P&P and ePMO to streamline collection and grouping of shared information
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Professional experience: At least 5 years of experience in project / program management, 5+ years of experience in portfolio management is desirable, 3-5 years of experience in agile methodology is preferred with exposure to business engineering Versions and solution trains desirable, Cross-functional business experience preferably across multiple departments in an organization is valuable.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. A master’s degree in business administration / management is preferred.
Awareness: Product Owner / Scrum Master, PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner or equivalent experience preferred, Knowledge of agile software development (for digital BU), Ability to interpret Agile planning results (e.g. estimation of story points, Kanban boards, release plans, value stream maps) to extract and aggregate product and solution level information, Knowledge of Jira and other collaboration tools (e.g. aha, kanbanize, planview) for agile management and planning, Ability to translate Agile planning and measurement outputs to value flow mappings within digital and translate into more traditional waterfall planning discussions with other business units and departments OLG-wide support as needed. Support for ePMO interactions is desired but not required. Demonstrated experience in resource management and understanding the skills required for digital delivery is an asset.
Skills: Strong communication skills with experience in delivering influencing programs, trainings, workshops, Passionate problem solver and negotiator who succeeds in ambiguous situations, Ability to work with digital BU departments and multiple business areas ” OLG and at various levels of seniority in different fields, Ability to influence and facilitate discussions to reach consensus, especially at senior levels, Ability to absorb and understand a high level of detail, Ability to synthesize details of resources in a ‘global’ type understanding of the digital wallet
Strategic thinker: strong strategic and critical mind with the ability to delve into unique challenges and find creative solutions
Collaboration and fun: inclusive and collaborative working style while creating fun and enthusiasm in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what is right and operate with transparency and openness
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE TEAM
Part of a larger image: socially responsible company that gives all its profits back to the province and the people of Ontario
Flexible working environment: to help balance work and life
You count: family-friendly work practices and remote working
Freedom to innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
Be your authentic self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
Learning galore: 24/7 access to robust online learning programs
Public service pension plan: participate in a large defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
Variable compensation program: performance-based incentives to share our success
Learn About OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s goal is to contribute to a better Ontario by providing great entertainment experiences to its customers. We are a multi-billion dollar organization with a wide range of business lines including lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horse racing and charity gaming. OLG is at the heart of a massive transformation to be customer-obsessed and take our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be founded on genuine, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity and openness in everything we do. We support and empower employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family-friendly work practices, including remote working.
Equity, diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone of our values of respect, integrity, stewardship and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the opportunity to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills for the benefit of the people and the province of Ontario.
As we reshape and grow our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose and ensuring our business delivers meaningful results. benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested in the province, contributing to the quality of life of Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG, visit our website at www.olg.ca.
We look forward to hearing from you. Interested candidates should apply online before January 14, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com if you require accommodations at any time throughout the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.